- A BASE Camp is a place where you can always find comfort, friends, nourishment, and encouragement along the journey ...
- A place where you can find the strength to endure the day and finish the climb!
- BASE Camp Children's Cancer Foundation now has a full-time/permanent office!
- Where we have rooms designed for comfort and FUN!
- Where children and families can come and gather ... to play, rest and research or just recharge their battery!!
BASE is an acronym for:
More than words, those are our important core values.
- BASE Camp monthly OVERNIGHT CAMP is our main program and our namesake. Like the encampments that are built as climbers climb mountains, we set up base camps locally to help the children (ages 5 to 15) stop, rest, eat, play, and gather with friends to gain the strength and encouragement to continue the journey and finish the climb!
- BASE Camp NOURISHMENT delivers 200 meals every WEEK to children and families at the 3 local hospitals and outpatient clinics serving pediatric cancer patients. A mixture of HOT FOOD from local restaurants, and a PANTRY filled with single-serving foods, bags of groceries for home and grocery store gift cards. This program provides children with a much needed diversion from hospital food, and gives parents a much needed FREE meal. It also gives families enough groceries to make dinner for a week in the toughest of times. Every Friday night the delivery of a dinner meal is enhanced with movies and popcorn and candy so that families can enjoy "DINNER & A MOVIE" while in the hospital.
- BASE Camp coordinates MILESTONE parties: celebrating birthdays, END OF CHEMO, radiation compete, etc.. Bringing dessert and balloons to acknowledge and CELEBRATE the day!
- BASE Camp coordinates Parent support groups in the hospitals, clinics and local restaurants to help parents cope through treatment and beyond.
Learn more about BASE Camp on YouTube
Be a Hero to Kids Fighting Cancer - Base Camp
Terri Jones, President
B.A.S.E. Camp Children's Cancer Foundation
650 N. Wymore Rd #103,
Winter Park, FL, 32789
.... because kids can't fight cancer alone!
IRS 501 (c) 3: